Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - Part 3
*ends every piece of advice with “idk though” so that its not my fault if i ruin ur life*
Baby snakes appreciation post
*grabby hands* I WANT THEM OMG
Fangirl challenge → [3/10] tv shows: Doctor Who"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
The scene in Ferguson turned violent once again on Monday night after repeated clashes between police and protesters.
Law enforcement officials said early Tuesday that they “came under heavy gunfire” and had arrested 31 people by the end of the evening, Reuters reports.
We all have such fateful objects - it may be a recurrent landscape in one case, a number in another - carefully chosen by the gods to attract events of special significance for us: here shall John always stumble; there shall Jane’s heart always break.
Rose Tyler Appreciation Week - Day 1 - Moment you fell in love with Rose
What in the actual fuck?
All the kinks, right here. I can stop Tumbling forever.
oh he’s really, really lovely
The best part about being an adult is getting to decorate your apartment with fandom things.
The Ferguson Police Department held a press conference on the Michael Brown shooting this morning.
They distributed a nineteen-page dossier alleging that Brown had shoplifted a pack of cigarettes from a convenience store prior to being shot.
Nineteen pages of evidence about Brown shoplifting a pack of cigarettes. No information whatsoever about his murder.
You can follow journalists on twitter that are on the ground in Ferguson. They are showing what’s really going on an verifying with pics and videos.
Paint in Motion: The art of Adam S. Doyle [via]
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted